Welcome to the Graduate Students’ Association of the University of Calgary!
The GSA is the voice of University of Calgary graduate students at the UCalgary and to all levels of government. The GSA supports UCalgary graduate students to succeed academically and socially through valued programs and services and responsive communication channels.
Important Dates and Events
- Return to Campus Updates - June 4, 2021
- Complete our Return to Campus Survey
- Mental Health and Wellness Resources for Graduate Students
- Health and Dental Plan Change of Coverage period for graduate students starting their academic year in May: April 26 - May 14, 2021 (See details here)
- Are you a teaching assistant? Learn more about UCalgary's Teaching Assistance Resources from Taylor Institute here. Resources are updated monthly.
2019-20 Annual Report
Read the GSA 2019-20 Annual Report HERE
Follow our social media channels @gsacalgary:
Volunteer Opportunities for graduate students with the Faculty of Arts
The Graduate Students’ Association is looking for interested graduate students to fill the following positions as GSA representatives on the Faculty of Arts committees in the 2021-22 academic year.
APPEALS COMMITTEE: 2 representatives Terms of Reference
INTERNATIONALIZATION COMMITTEE: 1 representative Terms of Reference
June is Pride Month
Over the past year, the GSA Gender and Sexuality Alliance Subcommittee takes a stand in solidarity with the LGTBQIA2S+ community. The subcommittee also spreads awareness and understanding within the UCalgary community about pride including the challenges that queer and trans people, especially those of colour, experience; and suggested actions graduate students can take to combat racism, discrimination, and prejudices against the LGTBQIA2S+ community.
👉Read the articles put together by the GSA^2 Subcommittee to learn more about pride, about creating an inclusive environment in the classroom, and how to discuss these issues.
1. Challenging Unjust Systems: Pride is a Riot
2. How to create an inclusive classroom as a graduate lecturer or TA
3. How to discuss issues of politics, gender, and sexuality
If you are in need of extra fund for your student project, personal expenses, or academic endeavours, the GSA has you covered. Learn about our various financial support programs designed to ensure your success in graduate school.
- Emergency Bursary - Open year-round
- GSA Support Bursary - Open year-round
We'd like to hear from you!
Are you a TA this Fall? We want to hear from you!
As Graduate Teaching Assistants (GATs) plan for the Fall semester, we would like to hear from you your concerns so that we may better advocate on your behalf.
Complete our survey before Sept. 10: Click here to go to survey
Thesis Talk Thursday
Read exciting research stories from your fellow #UCalgaryGradStudents every Thursday here: gsa.ucalgary.ca/thesis-talk
Mental Health Support: Empower Me program by StudentCare
As a student covered by the GSA Health Plan, you're entitled to sessions delivered in person, by telephone, by video-counselling, or by e-counselling.
Call 1-833-628-5589 to be connected right away or to be matched with a counsellor, consultant, or life coach on a variety of issues. You can also connect with Empower Me through the EAP Optima mobile app, available for download from the App Store and Google Play. To create your account on the app, use this access code: 45295QG40