Graduate Student Groups
The GSA is here to enhance the experience of all grad students, and one of the ways in which we do this is by encouraging engagement by facilitating Graduate Student Groups (GSGs) We encourage you to start your own group based on research, cultural, or special interests.
By registering your Graduate Student Group with the GSA, you are eligible to receive Start-up Grant and Event Grants. Please review the GSG handbook and policy. If you have any questions, please contact the VP Student Life at email@example.com or the Governance Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSG Important documents
- Graduate Student Group Creation Form
- Graduate Student Group Operational Bursary/Change of Information Form
- Event Submission Form (please use this form to request event approval for insurance coverage, equipment rental, space booking, waiver, event grant and promotional items)
October 15, 2018
Change of Information and Event Grant Intake 1
April 15, 2019
Event Grant Intake 2 and Annual Report
Eligibility: One-time grant upon creation of a new GSG, provided that the application and all appropriate documentation have been received and approved.
Deadlines & Details: Must filled out the GSG Creation Form within 3 months of the GSG start-up date and no later than April 15 of each year.
► Apply HERE
Eligibility: GSGs can apply for one $300 Operational Grant per year (April 1 – March 31) after their first year of operation.
Deadlines & Details: Must submit their annual report by April 15 each year. The online Change of Information form must be completed and submitted no later than October 15.
► Apply HERE
Purpose: Offset cost of GSG events.
Amount: Receipt amount up to $150 per intake (total of $300 per year).
Eligibility: Eligible expenses include food, beverages (non-alcoholic beverages, wine, and/or beer only), advertising and other event-related costs. Beverages should not cover more than 25% of the total bill.
Deadlines: Receipts must be submitted to the GSA before October 15 (for events hosted between Apr. 1 and Sept. 30); April 15 (for events hosted between Oct. 1 to Mar. 31).
► Submit your event here Event Submission Form
List of Registered Graduate Student Groups
- Chinese Scholarship Council Students and Scholars Association
- Engineering Education Students’ Society
- Institute of Transportation Engineers Student Chapter
- U of C Nanotechnology Group
- United Network of Arts
- The Urban Research Network
- Calgary Optics & Photonics Student Society
- Graduate Music Society
- Progressive Pakistan Students Association
- The HamAndishi Group
- Nurse Leaders Circle