The GSA is pleased to provide DGAs, GSGs, and consortium with event support. Any questions or inquiries about an event that you would like to organize can be sent to email@example.com. Fill out the Event Submission Form (below) to formally request GSA support for an event.
Fall 2020 Events: the GSA strongly encourages online events at this time. Please review this document thoroughly for details.
Your DGA/GSG can book rooms/tables/green spaces on campus directly through the UCalgary Accommodations & Events (UCAE) website HERE.
Available GSA support for an event that you can request using the Event Submission Form (availability may vary):
- Event insurance information
- Equipment rental
- GSA promotional items
- LDL coupons
- Booking of That Grad Space
- Event Grants
What you will find in the Events Handbook:
- General steps of event planning including risk management, promotions, execution, and evaluation;
- Details of available event support;
- Advice and requirements for special events including off-campus events, with alcohol consumption, field trips, pet therapy, etc;
- Resources for venue booking, transportation, and booking equipment.
Event Submission Form
This form is intended for any GSA Student Groups (DGAs, GSGs, or Consortium) to request event support and/or the Event Grant. (Manual form is available underneath, if needed).
Fall 2020 NOTE: Please submit the form at least 5 weeks prior to the event date. The GSA shall follow up with the request in 2-5 business days with further instructions. Your event may require extra insurance coverage and will need additional approval from the University, so additional time will be needed to process requests.
Book classrooms/tables/green spaces directly through UCalgary Accommodations & Events (UCAE).
Sometimes, the GSA web site might experience unexpected problems with our embedded forms. If you are unable to submit the form above, please copy the manual form underneath to an email’s body, fill out the requested information, and email the completed form to the GSA Governance Coordinator and the Events Coordinator with the budget document attached.
Subject line: GSA Event Submission Form
Student Group name:
Email of President*:
Event Organizer’s name:
Contact email address:
Name of any other Organizers:
Event Budget: [please attach in the email]
Will there be alcohol served at the event? Yes/No
Will your event be held outdoors? Yes/No
Will your event be held over more than one day? Yes/No
Will you be receiving sponsorship for the event? Yes/No
Which event support from the GSA would you like to request? (choose/highlight all that apply)
Equipment Rental (see DGA/GSG Handbook for available items), GSA promotional items, event grant, None
Other details to the request (if applicable):
Would you like to apply for an Event Grant for this event?: Yes/No
If yes, is it an Interdepartmental Event Grant?: Yes/No
I understand that (please read):
1. The Graduate Students’ Association of University of Calgary holds a Commercial General Liability policy with The Co-operators. This policy protects the organization, it’s members, and volunteers in the event of occurrences where responsibility for Bodily Injury or Property Damage is alleged.
2. In some scenarios, additional liability coverage will need to be purchased, in order to supplement the existing Commercial General Liability policy. This additional liability may be “written-in” to the base policy, or a “standalone” supplemental policy may be required. For events including the consumption of alcohol, additional license and insurance are required. Proof must be supplied to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to event approval. See DGA/GSG Handbook for more details about insurance coverage.
3. Details of event sponsor(s) and amount of sponsorship must be submitted to email@example.com prior to event approval.
4. To receive Event Grant, after the completion of the approved event, the After Event Report form must be filled out with all event receipts attached. If insurance is required for your event, documentation will need to be provided.
By emailing this form to the GSA, I can confirm that all information listed above is accurate and true.