Welcome to the Graduate Students' Association of the University of Calgary!
Your Vote Counts!
The GSA is hosting a referendum to decide if we should join the Graduate Provincial Advocacy Council (ab-GPAC).
What is ab-GPAC?
- ab-GPAC is the provincial advocacy group for the GSAs in Alberta. This includes the GSAs from the University of Alberta, University of Lethbridge, and University of Athabasca
- For more information, please see the GPAC draft bylaws
How do I vote?
- By November 24th you should be enrolled in the course "GSA Referendum 2014" found on your Desire2Learn website. On November 26th and 27th you will have the opportunity to cast your vote. If you have any difficulties, please contact the CRO
- Follow the instructions on how to vote here.
Why do we need the referendum?
- GSA policy requires a referendum to join external groups. For more information, please see the GSA's Referendum Policy
Want more information for or against joining ab-GPAC?
- "Yes" campaign - For more information, click here
- "No" campaign - There is currently no campaign arguing against joining ab-GPAC. If you are interested in starting a campaign, please contact the CRO
6th Annual GSA Holiday Food Drive
The GSA's 6th Annual Holiday Food Drive is around the corner and about to be put into high gear, with proceeds going directly to the Campus Food Bank. Here's how it works: Departmental Graduate Associations (DGAs) collect food items within their departments, and the DGA with the highest number of food items per capita withs a $300 coupon for the Last Defence Lounge! The final day for item collection will be December 5, 2014. For more details about the type of items we will be accepting, contest rules, drop off locations, dates, and times, please click here. Please contact the VP Student Life if you have any questions.
Notice to All Extended Health and Dental Plan Members
The GSA has switched to a new extended health and dental plan provider effective September 1, 2014. Please note that any medical receipts dated August 31, 2014 or before must be submitted by November 30, 2014, to the Campus Trust. These claims can be submitted online at www.studentbenefits.ca until August 31, 2014.
After August 31, 2014, the online claim submission through the Campus Trust will no longer be available; accordingly, all receipts dated August 31, 2014 or before must be submitted with a completed printed copy of the health claim form. For dental expenses use the Standard Dental Claim Forms obtained directly at your dental office and submit them to the GSA office by November 30, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact the GSA at: email@example.com or 403.220.5997. For claims inquiries, you can reach the Campus Trust directly at: 1.800.563.1930