Related & Information Links
- English for Academic Purposes
- Graduate Student Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
This document guides University of Calgary Graduate Students through their rights and responsibilities. Please feel free to make yourself familiar with this document and your rights, and don’t hesitate to contact the ombudsperson if you have any questions or concerns.
University Calgary Links
- The Last Defence Lounge
- University Affairs, is both a monthly magazine and an online resource for the academic community that offers career development content, academic job listings, higher education news, and award-winning journalism. Sign up for a free electronic edition.
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
The Faculty provides leadership and support for excellence in graduate education and research to a community of about 6,000 graduate students in over 55 programs.
- The University’s Eyes High Strategy
Eyes High is the University of Calgary’s new strategic direction, a bold and ambitious vision to become one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community of Calgary, by the university’s 50th anniversary in 2016.
- University of Calgary’s Academic & Research Plans
Together, the Academic Plan and the Research Plan provide the direction – are the roadmap – for reaching the University of Calgary’s Eyes High strategy to become one of Canada’s top five research universities by 2016, fully engaging the communities we both serve and lead. Provost and Vice-President, Dru Marshall and Vice-President (Research), Ed McCauley led the wide consultation to develop the plans.
Health & Safety
- Chaplains & Counselling – Clinics & Workshops: Academic, Career, Personal
- SU Wellness Centre (formerly known as University Health Services)
- Services: Medical (including Walk-in), Chiropractic, Massage, Nutrition
- Working Alone – A system that lets Campus Security know you’re working after hours
- Off-Campus Housing Registry