Learn from a seasoned professional for insight into the career you aspire to.
Mentorship GSA helps graduate students attain their desired career goal – whether it’s re-entering industry after graduation (as 70 percent of grad students do) or continuing with academe. This program is free, and helps grad students make professional contacts by pairing students with a mentor in their field of interest.
This program is enhanced for Protégés through various career-related Career Preparation Workshops.
Please complete all of the following steps before entry into the program:
Step 1: Read the Program Information document
Step 2: Read the Frequently Asked Questions
Step 3: Contact Julie Brown, Employer Liaison and Coordinator of MENTORSHIP GSA for an orientation – email@example.com
Step 4: Complete the Protégé Application that Julie has emailed you
Step 5: Sign up for an interview time in response to an email from Julie
Step 6: Attend the interview that has been confirmed by Julie
For more information and to book your orientation, please contact Julie Brown at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Protégé
What Do We Offer in Mentorship Coordination?
The program will match you with professionals in the Calgary area who help you:
- Learn business nuances and drivers
- Identify employment opportunities
- Build a solid business network
- Reach your career goals
- Provide valuable, work-related workshops designed to develop Most Valuable Performers
- Co-ordinate venues for professionals to share experiences and answer questions
What Do We Offer for Career Advice?
- Help you discover your career path – one-on-one discussions
- Identify “next steps”
- Provide feedback on career related documents
- Prepare you for interviews
- Source of valuable resources (computer, books, Internet info., human resources, etc.)
For the Mentors
There are three ways to get involved:
- Guest Speaker
- Industry Professional
Benefits of Participation as a Mentor:
- Enhances one’s professional image, and promotes personal development
- Stimulates creative thinking through the sharing process
- Highlights the challenges that people entering today’s workforce face
- Provides the Mentor with a strong sense of satisfaction
To learn more or discuss your participation, please contact Julie Brown at 403 210-7870 or email@example.com