Summer Canoeing at Bowness Lagoon with the GSA – August 16, 2022
$0.00 – $10.00
Tuesday, August 16th, 2022 | 12 – 3 p.m. (MDT)| Bowness Lagoon
SPOTS FOR THIS EVENT ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT. Please sign up for our waiting list to be contacted in case of cancellations and keep an eye on our website and newsletter to hear about more events in the future.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Learn the basics of paddling. No experience necessary! We begin with a quick look at the equipment and how to be safe on the water. After we will learn how to get in and out of a boat as we head out on the water to practice skills and paddling strokes. We will play games and tour around the lagoon.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
This event has limited spots, so we will prioritize the purchases of those that did not register for the previous Kayaking or Canoeing Events to allow for as many of our graduate students to participate. If you have registered for either of the previous events as well as this one, we will be refunding your ticket for the latest event.
- After purchasing a ticket through our site, you will be sent an email with a link to register and sign the mandatory waiver with the U of C Outdoor Centre.
- Maximum of 1 (one) ticket per participant.
- This event is only open to University of Calgary Graduate Students. Please register with your UCalgary email address.
- Limited spots available.
- All participants must be over 18 years of age.
- a hat
- Warm clothing layers or neoprene wetsuit (optional)
- Wool socks and old runners, or neoprene booties
- water bottle
- Change of dry clothes/Extra clothes to leave in vehicle
Meet at the boat compound located past the train loading zone and next to Bowness Lagoon in Bowness park. Make sure to arrive 30 to 15 minutes prior to the start of the event
Click HERE for a map.
- All paddling gear provided (canoes, kayak, paddles, pfd’s)
- Safety gear
If you or anyone in your household has a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath, or is a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19, please do not attend the event.
There will not be any refunds issued for this event after July 21st. If you have any questions please email: email@example.com