Stuck at home? Many local organizations are working their hardest to bring their services online. Here are a few from our friends at Telus Spark, Calgary Zoo, and Glenbow Museum:
Telus Spark’s Science from Home:
- DIY science experiments and activities
- Virtual tours and exhibit updates from inside Spark (thanks to robots, and social distancing contraptions!)
- Online challenges
- A collection of news, stories, and resources with science centre credibility and flair
- Zoo Along with You – the hub for zoo-related activities to help engage young people and keep their spirits high while in and around the home.
- Daily Dose and Daily Dose at Home series – virtual behind-the-scenes tours every day while they’re closed
- Giant Panda’s live cam
Glenbow Museum’s Glenbow Online: virtual tours, online collections, educational videos, activity ideas, webinars and more
Calgary Public Library’s Library at Home: There’s something for everyone: virtual storytimes and early literacy activities, study help for students, even free online courses for adults. And of course, stream your favourite music, flip through a digital magazine, or watch an award-winning film.
Teaching Your Kids:
- LearnAlberta.ca: more than 4,000 digital resources aligned with Alberta’s K-12 curriculum.
- My Child’s Learning: A Parent Resource: provides parents with information specific to each grade level.
Mental Health Apps:
- Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
- Youper – Emotional Health
- Nike Training Club
For a comprehensive list of local resources including food deliveries, movies to see, please visit this awesome guide from Crackmacs: Resource Guide
Add more to our list! Send us what online activities you are doing at home! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org