2019 FGS/GSA Graduate Research Photo Competition
Do you have a photo that captures your graduate research? Enter the 2019 Faculty of Graduate Studies/Graduate Students’ Association (FGS/GSA) Graduate Research Photo Competition to win a cash award, and the opportunity and prestige of your photo being displayed in the FGS, GSA offices in the Earth Sciences building, or the Last Defence Lounge. This competition is open to all UCalgary graduate students in both thesis- and course-based programs.
First place will receive $500, second place will receive $300 and third place will receive $100. There will also be two Honourable Mentions with no cash prizes. Photos will also be displayed online and will be open to a People’s Choice Contest vote. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will receive $100gift certificate from the UCalgary Bookstore. In addition, the winning photos will be professionally framed and displayed in the FGS and GSA offices and at the Last Defence Lounge.
COMPETITIONRULES AND REGULATIONS
The contest is open to all UCalgary graduate students in both thesis- and course-based programs. To be considered in the contest, all submissions must be:
- Original, unpublished photo (Please note: images such as computer-generated or electron microscopy images are accepted)
- Taken by the student submitting the photo
- Digital, high resolution photographs in JPEG format (1500-2000px and at least 300dpi)
- Printable as 11×14” prints (entries must be cropped to size before submitting)
- File size smaller than 12 MB
Graduate students can submit a maximum of one photo per competition year. In addition to your photo submission, you are required to provide through the online submission form:
- your name
- degree (Masters/PhD)
- title (using jargon-free language)
- a brief technical abstract describing your image and how it relates to your project (maximum 1,200 characters including spaces)
- a general public abstract (jargon-free and public-friendly language) which also describing your image and how it relates to your project (maximum 1,200 characters including spaces).
Please find more details of the Competition HERE
Submission Period: January 21 to February 11, 2019