What is #getinvolvedGSA?
This is a great new initiative from the GSA that aims to increase participation in GSA events and in so doing, build a stronger graduate student community on and off campus.
It’s important to gain skills and experience by taking part in community events, volunteering for a committee or being in charge of a project. It helps you take full advantage of the University experience by having access to amazing resources and opportunities. Being a graduate student is more than just coursework and research; it’s about being able to fully integrate your academic learning and your real life experience into a viable and desirable career. Being involved in the community will help you:
- Build your resume/CV
- Grown your professional network
- Add leadership experience to your scholarship applications
- Make friends
- Take care of your mental and physical health
- Experience Canadian culture (if you’re a newcomer!)
How can you #getinvolvedGSA?
- Attend GSA events – read your weekly GSA News & Views newsletter, check out our website, or follow us on social media to find out about upcoming events and to register
- Check the UCalgary event calendar & the Level Up calendar for weekly prize giveaways
- Post your photos on Instagram and Twitter using the #getinvolvedGSA to win prizes and to see how other students are getting involved
- Submit your #getinvolvedGSA story to be featured on our website and social media