Welcome to the Graduate Students’ Association of the University of Calgary!
The GSA is the voice of University of Calgary graduate students at the UCalgary and to all levels of government. The GSA supports UCalgary graduate students to succeed academically and socially through valued programs and services and responsive communication channels.
Important Dates and Events
- Change of Coverage period for the GSA Health and Dental Plan for September students: August 27 to September 24, 2021 (See details here)
- Download the new Pay-Direct Card for your Extended Health and Coverage here: As of Sept. 1, 2021, Desjardins Insurance’s carrier number has changed to 51. For all claims (for you or your dependants), download the new card and present it at your pharmacy once again.
- Mental Health and Wellness Resources for Graduate Students
- Are you a teaching assistant? Learn more about UCalgary's Teaching Assistance Resources from Taylor Institute here. Resources are updated monthly.
Download the GSA 2021-22 Survival Guide here
2020-21 Annual Report
Read the GSA 2020-21 Annual Report HERE
Follow our social media channels @gsacalgary:
Volunteer for the GSA Labour Relations Committee
We still need more volunteers to join our Labour Relations Committee. Sign up now!
Find the details on the GSA Current Volunteer Opportunities page.
If you are in need of extra fund for your student project, personal expenses, or academic endeavours, the GSA has you covered. Learn about our various financial support programs designed to ensure your success in graduate school.
- Emergency Bursary - Open year-round
- GSA Support Bursary - Open year-round
We'd like to hear from you!
Are you a TA this Fall? We want to hear from you!
As Graduate Teaching Assistants (GATs) plan for the Fall semester, we would like to hear from you your concerns so that we may better advocate on your behalf.
Complete our survey before Sept. 10: Click here to go to survey
Thesis Talk Thursday
Read exciting research stories from your fellow #UCalgaryGradStudents every Thursday here: gsa.ucalgary.ca/thesis-talk
Mental Health Support: Empower Me program by StudentCare
As a student covered by the GSA Health Plan, you're entitled to sessions delivered in person, by telephone, by video-counselling, or by e-counselling.
Call 1-833-628-5589 to be connected right away or to be matched with a counsellor, consultant, or life coach on a variety of issues. You can also connect with Empower Me through the EAP Optima mobile app, available for download from the App Store and Google Play. To create your account on the app, use this access code: 45295QG40